For the 36-story Four Seasons Hotel & Residences in downtown San Francisco, CA, Marelich Mechanical provided approximately $3 million in savings by value-engineering the mechanical and plumbing systems.
We were also able to complete all our services within the project schedule.
Millennium Partners was constructing a top-quality mixed-use building in a high-profile location and needed complete mechanical and plumbing solutions throughout the hotel and residences.
For this five-star Four Seasons facility, Marelich Mechanical provided value engineering and design-assist services in preconstruction, followed by sheet metal, hydronic piping, plumbing, and controls installation. We also provided design-assist services during the construction process.
Our solutions included:
- Supply, return, and exhaust systems for hotel, residential, garage, back-of-house, general services, athletic club, and retail spaces
- Grease exhaust handling systems for the restaurant and food service areas
- Chilled, heating, and condenser water piping in the basement central plant
- Distribution piping throughout the building
- Four-pipe stacking vertical fan coil units to heat/cool hotel guestrooms and condominiums
- Steam and condensate piping
- Final equipment connection in the back-of-house/laundry facilities
- Water, waste, and gas for the food service area
- Final equipment connection in the laundry and back-of-house areas
The Four Seasons Hotel & Residences consists of a five-story underground parking garage, conference rooms, a ballroom, retail spaces, fitness areas, a restaurant, 11 floors of 277 hotel guestrooms, and 20 floors of approximately 140 condominiums.